FBU: Yoga Teacher Training (200 Hour)
Funky Buddha pioneered hot yoga and power vinyasa in Grand Rapids – now, deepen your practice & pursue your yoga education through Funky Buddha University. Through experience and experimentation, the Funky Buddha has developed an incredibly talented teaching team and teacher training methodology. Developed by Kerri Reinbold (co-founder of Funky Buddha Yoga) and Larissa Link (Funky Buddha Yoga Director), the Funky Buddha University: Teacher Training Curriculum is an exceptionally designed yoga education, specifically crafted to deepen your yoga practice and give tools for teaching and practicing yoga in a modern world. Deepen your practice, empower yourself, and learn to teach with the best.
- Empower Yourself
- Deepen your Practice
- Surround Yourself with a Supportive Community
- Find New Purpose
- Learn from the Best
Winter 2019 200 Hour Teacher Training
200 Hour – Winter 2019 Teacher Training:
The Winter Training will be offered as a weekend intensive. Begins the weekend of January 13th, and will be taught in 9 weekends over 3 months (3 weekends in a row with the 4th weekend of each month off.)
- Kick-off: Sunday, January 13
- January 18-20, 25-27
- February 1-3, 8-10, 15-17
- March 1-3, 8-10, 15 & 16 (Graduation)
Tentative Daily Schedule:
- Friday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (with 1 hour 30 min breaks in between)
- Sunday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (with 1 hour 30 min breaks in between)
- Full Intensive Total Tuition before Nov. 29: $3,000*
- Full Intensive Total Tuition after Nov. 29: $3,500
More Information:Apply Now
Funky Buddha Yoga’s 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING IS LED BY OUR VERY OWN LARISSA LINK
LARISSA has been practicing yoga since 1997, where she fell in love by accident when the choice was either Bowling or Yoga for a final credit in college. #yogaworks #stillnotagoodbowler
- E-RYT500 (Baptiste and LiveLoveTeach trained, Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with 500 hours of training)
- YACEP (Certified Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider)
- An additional 1,000+ hours of training in yoga, mindfulness and meditation, anatomy, and body-movement mechanics
- Studied yoga with Baron Baptiste, Stacy Dockins, Philip Urso, Kathryn Budig, Jason Crandell, and many more amazing teachers.
- Studied meditation/mindfulness with Sharon Sarlzberg, Rodney Smith, Mark Coleman, Christopher Germer, Kristen Neff, Dan Siegel, Rick Hanson
- Other study with Brene Brown and Bruce Forciea
- Over 15 years of experience teaching and training in multiple fields, and 6+ years of training teachers.
- Our teacher training team has a combine 25+ years of experience in training teachers.
WHY I LOVE TEACHING: Teaching anything well is all about the Art of Communication, and communication, how we communicate with ourselves and each other, changes EVERYTHING. In addition to yoga and functional movement, my main areas of study are mindfulness, communication, personalities, and the science behind why we act, communicate, and interact the way that we do, and teaching yoga lets me explore, and share, all of these things. Teaching also keeps me curious and looking for solutions, which makes for a happy life!