Yoga Teacher Training:
Funky Buddha Style
FBU: Yoga Teacher Training (200 Hour)
Funky Buddha pioneered hot yoga and power vinyasa in Grand Rapids – now, deepen your practice & pursue your yoga education through Funky Buddha University. Through experience and experimentation, the Funky Buddha has developed an incredibly talented teaching team and teacher training methodology. Developed by Kerri Reinbold (co-founder of Funky Buddha Yoga) and Larissa Link (Funky Buddha Yoga Director), the Funky Buddha University: Teacher Training Curriculum is an exceptionally designed yoga education, specifically crafted to deepen your yoga practice and give tools for teaching and practicing yoga in a modern world. Deepen your practice, empower yourself, and learn to teach with the best.
- Empower Yourself
- Deepen your Practice
- Surround Yourself with a Supportive Community
- Find New Purpose
- Learn from the Best
In 2018 Funky Buddha University will offer its 200 Hour Teacher Training in THREE different schedule formats.
200 Hour – Winter Weekend 2018 Teacher Training:
Friday, January 12 – Sunday, March 25, 2018
The Winter Training will begin the weekend of January 12th, and will be taught in 9 weekends over 3 months (3 weekends in a row with the 4th weekend of each month off).
Dates: 1/12-1/14, 1/19-1/21, 1/26-1/28 *2/4 (1:30-4pm only)* 2/9-2/11, 2/16-2/18, 2/23-2/25 * 3/9-311, 3/16-3/18, 3/23-3/25
Tentative Daily Schedule:
- Fridays: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturdays: 8:00 am – 11:00 am, 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Sundays: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
What to Expect (Daily):
- Yoga Practice
- Meditation Practice
- Teaching Practice
- Group Discussions
- Individual & Group Coaching
- Total Tuition: $3,500
- $500 non-refundable deposit required to hold your space. Due 72 hours after acceptance into program.
200 Hour – Summer 2018 Teacher Training:
The Summer Training will be offered as an intensive, or in two sessions.
- Intensive: August 11 – August 25, 2018
- Session 1: August 11 – 18, 2018
- Session 2: August 18 – 25, 2018
- Session 2 also available in Summer of 2019
Tentative Daily Schedule:
- 8:00 am – 6:30 pm with 1.5 hour lunch breaks daily
- Session 1 Tuition: $1,900 (Sign up by June 1st and save $250)
- Session 2 Tuition: $1,900 (Sign up by June 1st and save $250)
- Take Both Sessions as the Intensive & SAVE – Total Tuition: $3,500 (sign up by June 1st to receive $500 off the full immersion!)
Funky Buddha Yoga’s 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING IS LED BY OUR VERY OWN LARISSA LINK
LARISSA has been practicing yoga since 1997, where she fell in love by accident when the choice was either Bowling or Yoga for a final credit in college. #yogaworks #stillnotagoodbowler
- E-RYT500 (Baptiste and LiveLoveTeach trained, Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with 500 hours of training)
- YACEP (Certified Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider)
- 4000+ hours of teaching experience
- + over 400 hours of yoga, mindfulness, meditation, movement, and anatomy training
- Studied yoga with Baron Baptiste, Stacy Dockins, Philip Urso, Kathryn Budig, Jason Crandell
- Studied meditation/mindfulness with Sharon Sarlzberg, Rodney Smith, Mark Coleman, Christopher Germer, Kristen Neff, Dan Siegel, Rick Hanson
- Other study with Brene Brown and Bruce Forciea
WHY I LOVE TEACHING: Teaching anything well is all about the Art of Communication, and communication, how we communicate with ourselves and each other, changes EVERYTHING. In addition to yoga and functional movement, my main areas of study are mindfulness, communication, personalities, and the science behind why we act, communicate, and interact the way that we do, and teaching yoga lets me explore, and share, all of these things. Teaching also keeps me curious and looking for solutions, which makes for a happy life!