What is The Funky Buddha Live Music for Community Giving program?
- At the Funky Buddha, we love Community.
- At the Funky Buddha, we love GIVING.
- At the Funky Buddha, we love Live Local Music.
We are beyond pumped to unveil our new 2018 Funky Buddha Live Music for Community Giving program.
Here is how it works:
- Each month, The Funky Buddha will host a special (not on the regular schedule) Live Music Power Flow class.
- There will be a $10 Cover Charge for all participating yogis (non-members, members, Funky Buddha Staff, everyone that wants to participate in this amazingly fun opportunity for Community Giving).
- EVERY CENT of the Cover Charge collected will go to a local non-profit, chosen in collaboration between the performing musician & The Funky Buddha.
- Let’s do a little math! We can fit 80-ish yogis into the Eastown Studio. That means that every month, we have the potential to give EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS to a local non-profit that is doing important work in our community. BOOOOOOOOM.
- You get a bomb live music yoga experience + an extra not-typically-on-the-schedule class, and the local non-profits that we love get cash-ola to do their important work. Sounds like a win for EVERYONE.
Upcoming Community Music Events:
Friday, May 18 | 7:30 pm in Eastown: Ty Beat
All proceeds to benefit local, non-profit: Saving Argo Dog Rescue
$10 Cover Charge for members, non-members, and Funky Buddha staff.
Tickets for Community Music Events are non-refundable.
In 2018 The Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse & its Staff has a goal (an actual written down, on the paper goal) of giving $10,000+ to local non-profits. Using yoga, which benefits us, to benefit the greater Grand Rapids community. YESSSSSSS. Let’s get this done yogis. Join us. This is going to be a fun funky ride.
What We’ve Raised So Far:
- $720 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids Youth Commonwealth
- $810 for HQ Grand Rapids
- $830 for Friends of Grand Rapids Parks
- $400 for All of the Above Hip Hop Academy
- $430 for Saving Argo Dog Rescue