REGISTER HERE 🖱
Live Music ft. Mike Saunders | Nov. 16
On November 16th at 7:30 pm, join us for Funky Buddha Power Flow to the funky sounds of Mike Saunders of GR Soul Club. Ready to get down and get super funky? This 60-minute all-levels yoga class features live music that will keep your heart happy and your body moving during this sweaty soulful class.
All proceeds from this class will benefit local non-profit: WMCAT
WMCAT aka the West Michigan Center for Arts and Technology is a local, non-profit education and training facility in downtown GR. Their mission is to provide culture of opportunity for people to make economic and social progress in their lives. To learn more about WMCAT visit them here.
*Tickets for Community Music Events are donations to the benefitting non-profit, and thus are non-refundable.
What is The Funky Buddha Live Music for Community Giving program?
- At the Funky Buddha, we love Community.
- At the Funky Buddha, we love GIVING.
- At the Funky Buddha, we love Live Local Music.
- So we decided to wrap them all together and create something really special, The Funky Buddha Community Giving program.
Here is how it works:
- During the cooler months (fall/winter), The Funky Buddha will host special (not on the regular schedule) Live Music Power Flow classes.
- There will be a $10 Cover Charge for all participating yogis (non-members, members, Funky Buddha Staff, everyone that wants to participate in this amazingly fun opportunity for Community Giving).
- EVERY CENT of the Cover Charge collected will go to a local non-profit, chosen in collaboration between the performing musician & The Funky Buddha.
- Let’s do a little math! We can fit 80-ish yogis into the Eastown Studio. That means that every month, we have the potential to give EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS to a local non-profit that is doing important work in our community. BOOOOOOOOM.
- YOU get a bomb live music yoga experience + an extra not-typically-on-the-schedule class, and the local non-profits that we love get CASH-ola to do their important work. Sounds like a win for EVERYONE.
In 2018 The Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse & its Staff has a goal (an actual written down, on the paper goal) of giving $10,000+ to local non-profits. Using yoga, which benefits us, to benefit the greater Grand Rapids community. YESSSSSSS. Let’s get this done yogis. Join us. This is going to be a fun funky ride.
What We’ve Raised So Far: